On A Personal Note...

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Freedom

I've been reflecting a lot on freedom lately. I'm reading the book More Than Equals by Spencer Perkins and Chris Rice and am reminded of the lack of freedom that Blacks had in our country (and to a degree still lack). I'm reminded at the same time how much freedom we do have. Freedom to choose what to wear, what to eat, what church to worship at, what street I want to take to get to work in the morning. These little freedoms, little choices that I am able to make each morning. I've also been reflecting on the one TRUE freedom, the freedom that comes from a relationship with Jesus. Last night I was reminded of the bondage that students at UT are in. During this Spring Break week I am realizing the number of students who are getting drunk, raped, high, or depressed. A time of "freedom" from classes and the demands of college that are causing more bondage and more chains. I cried last night on behalf of these students. I cried out for them. My prayer is that they would find Jesus and the freedom that he brings. I want to be used by God in thier lives. I want InterVarsity to be a safe place for those students to come and check Him out. I pray for freedom, TRUE freedom to break through...

1 Comments:

Blogger Karisse said...

hurrah, you figured it out. You are a smart blogger! =)

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home