On A Personal Note...

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Surfing Safari



Imagine 69 degrees, sunny with mild wind at Cocoa Beach with a surf board and no wetsuit. It was cold, but it was worth it. I had a blast last Saturday with 12 of my students as we drove over to Cocoa for Melissa's birthday. While she attended the Ron Jon's Surfing School, I attended the Sarah Schreiber's Surfing School for $10 with a rented board from a shack on the beach. Besides getting knocked in the head and swallowing a gallon of salt water I stood up once and that was worth it! I now understand the imporatnce of waxing your board!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brina Bat said...

Ahhh... swallowing a gallon seawater - been there - done that. Fun stuff though. My surfboard is hanging out at my parent in Lakeland. A bit hard to surf in lakes in Alabama!
- Sabrina

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home