On A Personal Note...

Friday, March 24, 2006

Invisible Children

Last night at COmmon Gound we watched a documentary called Invisible Children. Three college guys took a trip to the Sudan. They wanted to document the affects of the Sudanesse war. What they saw was much more. They did not end up staying in Sudan but found a story more unbelieveable in the neighboring country of Uganda. In Uganda the story of hundreds of thousands of children unfolded before our eyes. They are victims of war, survivors but barely. The few that were interviewed told stories of family members, friends and others being brutaly murdered before their eyes. They had escaped the rebels, those looking to abduct them to turn them into child soldiers. They look for children ages 5-12. Big enough to carry a gun, small enough to steal.
You have to see these children. You have to hear their stories. God doesn't see them as invisible. Neither should we. We can pray, we can seek justice, we can be moved to action. I don't want to sit and be ignorant about it any longer. We were told to tell someone about the children. This is one small attempt that I am making.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Williams said...

YEAH!!!! I am so happy you are a blogger now. . .all the cool people are, you know!! :) It will be fabulous to keep up with you now, my friend! Happy Blogging! XOXOXO

2:34 PM  
Blogger Hollis said...

Michelle,

Thanks for writing about the invisible children. I had not heard about them either until Karyn told me about them. Looking at my baby, it really breaks my heart to think of what these innocent children are being put through.

I'm glad that you're going to be blogging now. I'm looking forward to reading about the wonderful things God is doing in Tampa :).

Hollis

1:14 PM  
Blogger Karisse said...

Hey Michelley...what's goin' on with you? Post for us! =)

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home