On A Personal Note...

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Swimming with out Floaties

It's amazing how caught up you can get in a moment. The weeks leading up to Chapter Camp were like a whirlwind that left me wondering where I was and if I really had all my stuff together or not. But with God's help I did.
Amazing seems like such a simplistic word when it comes to how I've seen God move. At times I feel as John did when writing Revelation, none of my words seem to fit the situation quite right.
I spent the last two weeks of teaching students how to lead Small Group Bible studies, learning to have a worshipful lifestyle, loving those who are hard to love, and having God expose my junk all at the same time.
An idol of approval. That's just one thing God exposed. Laying it down is hard, holding on to it is deadly. Oh Jesus, come and take it daily.
Being with the UT students the second week of camp was refreshing, challening, delightful, heart wrenching, and deepening all at the same time. We laughed, cried, prayed, ate, played, and studied God's words to us together. The depths of our relationships with God and each other deepened in ways that can only be described like a child learning to trust as the floaties are taken off and they are lead to deeper waters. We built community and we developed leaders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home