On A Personal Note...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Whistling Man

As I sat on my porch today working the most fascinating man rode past me on his bicycle. I live in a neighborhood full of fascinating people many of whom ride bikes, but this man stood out. Why? Because he was whistling. Not the type of whistling that you and I do, but loud, passionate, incredibly good whistling. If there were a contest I believe he would win it. Never before had I heard whistling quite like that. He was all decked out too. Wearing red, white and blue, with streamers flowing from his handle bars. It's probably safe to assume that he wasn't all there, oh but that whisling. I wish you could have heard it. It made me stop and listen. It caused me to smile. No one can deny that a happy whistler makes you smile or maybe even grin a little. So here's to the whistling man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home